POLITICAL CORRECTNESS: AN AFRONT TO FREEDOM?

 REPUBLICANS, TEA BAGGERS, & CONSERVATIVES PISSED OFF BECAUSE THEY CAN’T CALL OBAMA A  “NIGGER” ON TV

Here’s a Frank Luntz/Fox News Focus Group expressing their views.  They are ANGRY!  They can't call "A Spade A Spade!"  And they are ANGRY because: OBAMA!  Note that the entire “conversation” is devoid of even a tiny mite of factual information.  At least none that I could detect. 




Admittedly I have no idea any more what the term "Political Correctness" means.  In my day, it basically meant that you didn't use the term "Nigger" to describe Black people or "Kyke" to describe Jewish folks.  Or "Dago" and "Wop" to describe Italian Americans.  Seemed pretty simple back then but today it's become much more complicated and it remains pretty much a mystery to me.  "Trigger Warnings?" Now, to me, shouldn't this be displayed on one of those big green signs you see next to the Interstate as you cross the border into one of our Open Carry states?  Like Texas?  "Safe Spaces" on college campuses?  Is this where one goes following the announcement of an impending nuclear attack?  

Somehow or other, this trend is popping up more and more wherever I turn these days.  Take, for example, the television and movie rating system.  Television ratings haven't changed all that much still consisting, as it does, of the following:



I get this.  I know what to expect.  One of my favorite TV shows is HBO's original fare, "OZ" and it is rated "MA" (Mature Audiences)  because it features "V" Violence, "S" sexual situations, "L" Language and "D" Suggestive Dialog on pretty much every single episode. 

But now take the rating system for movies.  We still have the G, PG, R & etc. designations but lately I've noticed that while the overall the Movie Rating System has pretty much remained the same:



the green screen Movie Trailer descriptions of a coming attraction movie's content have become truly bizarre.  Here's what I mean: (These are all real life examples I jotted down on my phone - it was in airplane mode - while sitting in a movie theater.) 

"Violence, pervasive language and some sexual content"

Pervasive language?  Just exactly what is that supposed to mean?  People talk too much in the movie?  There's too much language as opposed to "something else" like silence? And "some" sexual content?  Are we talking here about "partway" or "some" but not "full" penetration?  One nipple instead of two?  Really?    

"For language, substance abuse and sexuality"

Okay, I'm down with the "language" and "substance abuse" part.  I'm assuming that "language" means foul language, you know, the use of swear words like "damn, shit and fuck."  Substance abuse? Sure,  pot smoking, coke snorting, heroin injecting. I get it.   But "SEXUALITY?"  What The Fuck Does This Mean?   Sexuality basically means "a capacity for sexual feelings."     So I have to ask, which of the actors in the film DON'T have the capacity for sexual feelings?  The dog maybe?  No.  Even dogs have "sexuality."  Why are we warned about a condition that every single human being experiences? We aren't robots just yet.  Are we? 

"For a brief unsettling image."

This one is hilarious:  unsettling to whom?  Registered sex offenders?  Serial killers?  Sociopaths? Religious Fundamentalists?  Nuns? Caitlyn Jenner?  And just what exactly is an "unsettling" image?  Are we talking about naked, emaciated concentration camp prisoners?  A teenage skater dude racking his nuts on some guardrail as he tries some loop-de-loop over his high school steps?  A kitten stuck in a milk carton?  Really!

"Graphic nudity."

Really?  GRAPHIC nudity as opposed to benign or sketchy nudity?  Really?  Isn't nudity just plain nudity, you know like showing body parts that aren't covered up with something?  And how do you make nudity "graphic?"  After all, I mean we are watching a movie which is essentially a long, long string of graphic images set in motion?  Who the hell thought this one up?

And here's my favorite:  "A Disturbing Scene"

I kid you not.  This actually appeared on the Trailer Green Screen for a movie (I didn't note which one) I saw a couple of weeks ago. Frankly I find scenes of Ted Cruz pretty disturbing but I don't think this is the kind of "scene" the movie folks meant.  What they might have meant is way beyond my level of cognitive comprehension.  Truly amazing!  

And Republicans, Tea Baggers and Conservatives are pissed off because they can't say "Nigger" to Obama's face?  Yeah.  We have much more serious problems with political correctness and the use of language than your petty frustrations over the fact that there is a Black man in the White House.  Get A Life!  All of you!

Have a good day! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REAL LIFE STORY OR REAL LIFE HOAX?

INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS: THE TRUMP/PUTIN LOVE CHRONCILES

SHE SHOWED HIM HERS, HE SHOWED HER HIS. AND HE GOT BUSTED!