PART TWO OF DAVID SIMON'S APPEARANCE ON BILL MOYER'S JOURNAL



In which he calls “The Wire” a “love letter to Baltimore.”

I couldn’t agree more.  


Below is a note posted by one of  “The Wire’s” actors:



I worked for this man and with him for 4 years as an actor on The Wire. I grew up the way we depicted it, succinctly. It's never a surprise. Like Da Vinci, Plato, Gayor Cantor, and others who weren't appreciated in their time for foresight and insight. We understand the truth isn't appreciated in it's time. We don't expect it. We expect people to look back centuries from now and laud us for our insight. Once they catch up. At least, that's how I see it. I don't speak for HBO or him. I believe every man answers for themselves. I answer for me. I have lived it. I know the stories. I still write mine. That makes lecturing, easy. It's all the lessons learned from the hardships earned.


I’ve started re-watching "The Wire" and I have to say that the program is pretty damned prescient about life in West Baltimore and what the future held and holds for its residents. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REAL LIFE STORY OR REAL LIFE HOAX?

INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS: THE TRUMP/PUTIN LOVE CHRONCILES

SHE SHOWED HIM HERS, HE SHOWED HER HIS. AND HE GOT BUSTED!