MY THIRTY MINUTES WITH RUSH
AMERICA'S FONT OF WISDOM SPEAKS
Had a doctor’s appointment today, traffic was fierce due to a demonstration downtown, so I had about 30 extra minutes in my car to listen to my weekly dose of Rush blather. Here’s the latest news from the font of American wisdom:
1. There is a “secret cell” operating in the White House. Rush’s implication was that this is a secret Muslim cabal the members of which he did not name but is headed by Obama.
2. Liberals are “cowering in fear” because Obama did not attend last week’s Free Speech demonstrations in Paris. (I didn’t quite get the connection but it was something like liberals have realized that Obama is incompetent and, therefore, are very afraid.)
3. Obama’s foreign policy is driven by the fact that he is afraid of ISIS, Al Qaeda and other terrorist groups.
4. Obama did not go to Paris because he “cannot even say the words Muslim or Islamic Terrorists.” (Yes, I know. I don’t really get this one either. It's "Rush Logic.")
5. According to the Rush, Leslie Gelb is America’s highest liberal intellectual and is the driving force behind America’s foreign policy formulation. (I vaguely recalled the name. Goggled him and found that he was once a NYT columnist.)
6. Leslie Gelb has criticized Obama for not going to Paris which is why the entire Obama Administration is in total disarray and why we liberals are cowering in fear. (Again, the connection here isn’t crystal clear, but then it is Rush, after all.)
7. Liberals have finally realized that Obama is incompetent which is why they are cowering in fear.
Well there you have it. Thirty minutes of Rush and this is what I came away with. During the entire half hour there was not a single fact uttered by the fat one nor was there any attribution. One thing did occur to me though. I suppose this might be why back in 2012 the right wing (Karl Rove, for example) so firmly believed that Mitt was going to win the Presidency. They actually believed Rush, Michael Savage and Fox News.
Somewhere in all of this Obama is incompetent and liberals are cowering in fear blather, he made the off-topic remark that racial tension was far worse today than it was in the 1960’s, another piece of fiction I guess he and the right wing believe.
Here are a couple of facts:
Thirty American cities experienced riots during the 1960’s, thousands of buildings were destroyed by fire, over 200 people were killed, 15,000 separate incidents of arson were recorded and God only knows (I haven’t been able to find any figures) how much they cost.
So when Rush says that race relations are so much worse today than they were in the 1960’s, I guess he means that we are in for a whole lot more rioting, burning, looting and killing because so far today’s “race riots” look like a Boy Scout campfire in comparison to the riots of the 1960’s. Who knew? So be forewarned people. Load your weapons! The Rush has spoken.